Monday 12 August 2013

MIFF 2013: Long, Clear View: Tim Winton's The Turning


Long, Clear View: Tim Winton's The Turning is a public panel presentation that will be presented in MIFF for 2013 as part of the Talking Pictures Program. The Turning was an epic labour of love, with 17 Australian directors interpreting Tim Winton's bestselling book of short stories, in a series of short films that come together to make a spectacular whole. 

Each of the events I photographed at MIFF 2013 presented it's own unique challenge. The Turning had two - the lighting and the sheer number of panelists on stage. I found that I never really mastered the lighting  challenge, even though I was using the Nikon D4. I found that I underexposed images in order to mitigate the blown highlights in the red channel. In retrospect the blown red channel would not have been as big an issue as the under exposure was in Light Room.
















No comments: